Old 02-10-2006, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default Naff potatoes disposal ?

K wrote:
Hear, hear, as in 'this guy's talking sense, listen to him'
Also, it's 'bated breath' (abated, holding your breath) not 'baited
breath' which always makes me think of an open mouth with a sardine on
the tongue hoping to catch goodness knows what.
--
Kay

Thank you for that. Hear hear is my only challenge, I knew not to put
an unfortunate sardine flavoured "i" in bated.
But because of you, I now have very odd images trotting in my brain...

Cat(h)