Old 02-10-2006, 10:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lar[_1_] Lar[_1_] is offline

Default Can termites live in a vacuum?

In article ,
says...
......or lay out the cut wood on the drive way then cover the wood with
black plastic for a couple of hours.

Would (no pun intended) that actually get the wood hot enough to do the
job? I'm not sure at what temp these little buggers cook, but I'm assuming
a bit over 100-120 degrees might do it? I've got some of that black weed
block fabric, but I'm not sure that would be suitable for this purpose as
it might breathe too much to do the job..

I have never tested the thickness of the wood that can be "treated" this
way, but over the years have heard a number of times from PhD types that
one can treat railroad ties in this manner.
--
Lar

to email...get rid of the BUGS