Old 03-10-2006, 01:53 AM posted to rec.gardens
Rick F. Rick F. is offline

Default Can termites live in a vacuum?

In article , Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote:

OK, why not BBQ the wood? Use the cheapest lump (or wood) and 'cook' the
wood in the pit at 175-225 for a few hours.

I could do that, but then you're trading one fuel for another.. I'd prefer
not to use my existing "fuel" source for heating wood.. I think I've decided
on building a large Solar oven that can easily reach ~200 degrees with nothing
but the sun's rays.. The good thing is that I can build one as large as I
want (within reason) and my kids can help me..

Or set the wood near an ant pile (I guess grease eating ants) for a
coupla days.

Yup.. The ants were already harvesting the termites when I cut down the tree.