Old 02-10-2006, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David in Normandy David in Normandy is offline

Default Converting a Jungle to a Garden

"Sacha" wrote in message
How to which bit?

The MacDonalds bit!
Sacha

I have to be careful what I say as McD are notorious for launching legal
action.
I will just say that a major company that I worked at for a while did a
substantial software and data project to further McD's plans of world
domination. Essentially it cross referenced vast amounts of data from
numerous sources and was able to generate street maps with pinpoints (of
most of the developed world) where it would be a good place (financially
speaking) to open a store. It even predicted the turnover of each projected
store! We used to "joke" that we would hard code our postal code area into
the software to ensure no stores were ever opened anywhere near us! As
project go I can't say I had my heart in it - increasing McD's world
domination is not high on my motivation list! Interestingly McD vetted
everyone on the team to ensure there were no know "McD subversives" amongst
us. So if you get a McD near you it may well have been suggested by the
software! Please don't blame me though :-(
--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk