Old 02-10-2006, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³ ®óñ©  ©  ² * ¹°°³ is offline

Default Emptying large paddling pools

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 19:14:14 +0100, "Colette A. O'Brien"
wrote and included this (or some of this):

Have you tried syphoning it into a drain? - so long as the bottom of the
pool is higher than the drain, it should empty within a few days.

Any drains near the house lead to our septic tank which could not cope
with that amount of water.

The roadway is some distance away and I don't have any hose that would
reach the nearest roadway drain nor would it be practical.

I suppose my main concern is if the water could damage the plants in the
garden, if I decided to empty it bit by bit straight onto the lawn and
flower beds.

I suspect that if you could immerse yourself in the pool without
topping yourself, you would not damage the surrounding environment by
gradually dispensing the water into the surrounding soil over a few
days. I would trickle it out quietly (but don't sue me, I am not a
hydrologist!)

--
®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³

..