Old 02-10-2006, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Biodynamics

Farm1 wrote:
"La Puce" wrote in message
When I started getting interested in Permaculture, my
family just compared it to biodynamics - because that's what it is
really.

It isn't. Permaculturists don't bury cow horns full of cow manure, or
practice planting by the moon or use BD 500, or any of the other
formulas used by those who follow biodynamics

Sorry for the delay - I was away in Danmark and Sweden for a few days
and it was a fabulous trip.

Yes, permaculture is very close to biodynamics. I have used planting by
the moon for years, but not entirely rigid to the calendar though. Also
the philosophy of permies and biodynamics are identical, a holistic and
spriritual approach to nature and the human being. Both are based on
the research by Steiner - in my permaculture favourite place,
Middlewood near Lancaster where I've spent sometime, a Steiner school
has been ran there since the 60s. Both design for sustainability,
ecology and care of the earth and it's people. HTH