Old 03-10-2006, 08:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
Roger Zimmerman Roger Zimmerman is offline

Default Can I start a tree from a leave, how?

Yan,

I live in Alberta, Canada, I didn't know they would give away free
seedlings for these plants, especially the Columnar Aspen, but will
check around to see if I can find where to get them.

Thanks

Roger

CptDondo wrote:
Roger Zimmerman wrote:
Kay,

I looked up the methods you mentioned, but the problem is I am going to
a public area to get the leaves to start new trees, so I don't have the
options you mentioned. I am comfortable taking off a few leaves, but
not taking any cuttings, or doing air layering.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks again

Roger

Roger Zimmerman wrote:
Hi Kay,

Thanks for you ideas.

Right now I am trying to start Swedish Columnar Aspens. If successful,
I want to try it on other trees, my next try would be on an old
Colerado Blue Spruce, then on Poplar.

This is not theoretical, I am trying to get a lot of new tress started
for putting on a vacant property I am buying out at the lake.

I don't know what state you live in, but here there are many, many
organizations that will give you seedlings for such a purpose.

--Yan