Old 03-10-2006, 08:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Can I start a tree from a leave, how?

In message .com,
Roger Zimmerman writes
Hello,

I was told that I could start a tree from a leaf by cutting the stem at
an angle,putting it in soil (mostly vermiculite) and keeping it moist.

I tried about 15 leaves like this and they are all almost dead now.

Does anyone know how to start a tree from a leaf?

Or how else could I start it from an existing tree (not grafting)?

Thanks

Roger

Only a few plants (mostly succulents) can be propagated from leaf
cuttings.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley