Old 05-10-2006, 07:32 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default planning next years garden

"Rick F." wrote in message
In article , JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

....and buy a used copy of "Crockett's Victory Garden". I'm sure there
are
others, but this is the one I have used over the years. The chapters are
arranged by month, with lists of what you should be doing that month
(starting seeds indoors, transplanting to the outdoor garden, thinning,
harvesting, etc). Nice arrangement. The author gardened near Boston, so
if
you're in a different zone, you simply adjust your timing accordingly.
The
only advice to NOT follow is the author's heavy use of pesticides. He
went
WAY overboard.

Thanks for the tip.. I got a copy on Half.com for $1.99+shipping (total of
a bit
over $5).. They were also carring copies as low as 81 cents if you don't
mind one
that's a bit more beat up..

Cool!