Old 06-10-2006, 12:40 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Battle with blackspot on Roses.

"Myrl Jeffcoat" wrote in message
ups.com...
That's my take on it too Joe!. . .I think I just have a sickly bush!
The roses aren't that close together, and their is plenty of air
circulation around them, because they are out in the open, not even up
against a fence.

This January, I'm yanking that one out, giving it a proper burial, and
I'm going to replace it. . .No looking back;-)

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

Every now and then, I pretend for a few minutes that bud-eating deer don't
exist in my yard, and I entertain the idea of planting some roses. At those
times, I look at one of my books which reminds me that one entire category
is pathetically weak with regard to fungal diseases, and need more chemical
support than any plant deserves, sort of like green seedless grapes. If I
recall, it's the hybrid tea roses. You should probably do some reading
before choosing your next rose. You obviously got lucky with the ones that
aren't having problems.