Old 04-10-2006, 10:49 AM posted to rec.ponds
Davy Davy is offline

Default Backyard Stream?

wrote in message
ps.com...
I have a small 50 gallon pond. I'm getting an urge to dig out a stream,
maybe 15-20 foot in length, 18 inches wide, 6-12 inches deep.

I'd lead it to my pond and make that the terminal. Water would pump out
from there and through a tube up to the stream source.

Friend of mine has done that and finds that in Summer the filter blocks
after running the stream for about an hour. I don't know why; maybe blanket
weed likes to grow along streams or maybe the moving water breaks up the
weed and moves it into the filter?
Anyway, something to be aware of.
cheers Davy