Old 03-10-2006, 04:14 PM posted to aus.gardens
Clinton M James Clinton M James is offline

Default Grey water on gardens

Not sure what has already been said, but I would not use grey water on any
natives.

Soap detergents have phosphates in them, phosphates harm a lot of our native
plants, therefore if you have natives (which we should all have over those
crappy foreign "exotic" things) you may find they kark it.

Cheers,
Clint

"Staycalm" wrote in message
u...
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"George.com" wrote in message
"Chookie" wrote in message

From what I understand, the fear is that some of your intestinal

bugs have
made it into the water from the shower, or via your clothes, and

will then
give you gastro when you eat the vegies that they have landed on.

accepting this may in fact be true, what I wonder is if the greebies
eminated from me in the first place, how would eating food soaked in

these
greebies further harm me? If they are inside me, surely the effect

would be
the same once they re-enter me in food?

Are you the only one who washes their hands in your house or uses the
shower? Are you the only one who eats the veg from your garden?

I don't think I'd like to have a salad at a house where they were
using untreated grey water on their veg.

Grey water would be suitable for citrus and other fruit trees wouldn't it?

Liz