Old 06-10-2006, 10:06 AM posted to aus.gardens
Nancy Nancy is offline

Default Onion Weed big time - Help

"Greg William" wrote in message
Hi,

I did some landscaping last year and put in about 10 Ton of "PREMIUM"
garden mix (at about $50.00 per ton)

I got this from a very reputable supplier,thinking it would be "weed"
free.

Every where I have put this "soil", heaps of onion weed has come up and is
thriving!

I have notified the supplier of the problem,to see what they have to
say,but what is the best way to get rid if it?

I have used roundup ,and ended up killing some other plants as well as the
onion weed

A lot of it is not real easy to get too, as its growing up under other
plants.

TIA

Greg

Same thing happened to me except in Esperance WA it was $100 a ton.
I kept pulling the onion weed out as it grew.
I have been doing it for a year and it seems to have nearly all gone.
You have to keep on top of it or it seeds very quickly, hence another lot
pops up.
good luck
Nancy