Old 03-10-2006, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Converting a Jungle to a Garden

On 3/10/06 12:13, in article ,
"David in Normandy" wrote:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
Inheritance laws are also a big issue - in the UK you can
leave anything to anybody,

Not all parts of the UK. Scotland has a separate legal system.

Janet

I forgot Scotland has a number of different laws.

Things get even more complex when you own property in country but are deemed
"resident" in another. Then there are subtle differences between resident,
domiciled and habiting in terms of the law in different countries.

In Jersey you have two wills if you're a property owner. One is for the
disposal of property and the other for 'personalty' meaning goods and
chattels. In terms of property a spouse had the right to occupy a third of
it which is why one sees so many Jersey houses with a little 'granny'
cottage tacked onto the end. I think those laws have been somewhat amended
now.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk