Old 03-10-2006, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Biodynamics

"La Puce" wrote in message
Janet Baraclough wrote:
No, it isn't, as Fran just pointed out.

Yes it is. There's lots of similarities which I have pointed out to

you
and others that I haven't.

I haven't seen any post where you mentioned similarities. I've seen
one post where you made an erroneous statement but none where you
mentioned any specific similarities.

Permaculture is not based on Steiner or his theory of

anthroposophy.

'Based' is not the word I should have used. I should have said
influenced.

Nope. I have "Permaculture One" which is the first book produced by
Holmgren and Mollison and it is based on Holmgren's thesis. Steiner
is not mentioned in the bibliography but a well known Australian
farmer and plough designer by the name of P. A. Yeomans is the most
mentioned. Other than him, names you may recognise are Ken Kerns, J.
I. Rodale and Lawrence Hills.

In what is known as the "bible" in Permaculture terms (ie Mollison's
book "Permaculture") the reference section mentions people like
Fukuoka and Sir Albert Howard but again Steiner is not mentioned, nor
does the name appear in the Index..