Old 03-10-2006, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Advice sought on pruning very large spreading conifers ??

ws.net, I, Marvo, say :

"Uncle Marvo" wrote
I'm not sure that's true of all leylandi even. I was dealing with two
at the weekend with a chainsaw, one greens up and one doesn't. I'll
find out what exact varieties they are.

The one that regrows might be a Thuja of some kind. They're often used
for hedging because you can cut them harder back than Leylandii and
they'll regrow.

Chappie on the chainsaw said it was a leylandi something-beginning-with-C. I
think he knew, he's got some sort of arboricultural degree or other. I'll
ask him next time I see him, it's all over my head. About a foot over, at
the moment.