Old 03-10-2006, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Sweet Potatoes

Steve wrote

We grew them last year, and very nice they were too. There was much about
them from the americans in rec.gardens.edible, but the prime thing IIRC
was not to let the frost touch them or they're spoilt. I would have them
all up when a frost is likely.

I dug up one lot, the smallest growing row, today just to see what's what.
Good sized tubers and the red skinned white fleshed ones are the biggest
fattest ones, the orange skinned yellow fleshed ones (rather long and thin)
seem more prone to slug damage but they have all suffered with slugs again.
Think I'll have them all up by the end of the week, cleaned and stored just
to be on the safe side, I can't imagine they will do much more growing
anyway.

--
Regards
Bob H