Old 03-10-2006, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Naff potatoes disposal ?

Broadback wrote:
Can I compost all the small potatoes that I have this year, without them
sprouting up like weeds where I apply the compost? My wife refuses to
peel the marble sized ones, let alone the pea sizes! :-) Potatoes
growing where they were planted the previous year is pain enough without
exacerbating the problem.

As Cat says below, it doesn't matter if you get a few springing up, as
they are so easy to pull up. I hope you don't think there's anything
culpable about a non-text-book compost heap: not very many people
actually manage the full sweltering bit, even if they've actually got
enough material to. It all breaks down in the end, and if a few spuds
appear, who's going to complain? It's nettles which show one's not on
top of the job: they really do need to be got out before they take
over.

--
Mike.