Old 03-10-2006, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Canna

I have never really liked these things--the flowers are a bit bright and
seem to shout vulgarity. This year I have grown C. musifolia purely for the
big "sod off" leaves. The promise of no significant flowers and a plant now
over 9 feet tall has been fulfilled. It looks like a banana with smaller
leaves which do not get shredded by wind. I am now a convert and would like
to get hold of cannas with white flowers. Does anyone grow white varieties
and if so could they give me a few names and if possible suppliers.