Old 04-10-2006, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Naff potatoes disposal ?

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message

Thud.
sorry, can you repeat that? Mt hearing has deteriorated with age. Damn,
didn't want to reveal that!
I'm being fitted with a pair of digital hearing aids :-)

smugly

Mary

~Ah Mary, I have them, a bit improvement, but nothing is as good as good
hearing! :-(

No, but I'm fed up of asking, "what did s/he say?" at the theatre or
watching a son's telly when everyone else laughs ... I'm also fed up of
asking people not to turn away or cover their mouths with their hands when
they speak. I don't lip read but need to have a shape to the sounds.

Shakespeare was right:

"Last scene of all, That ends this strange eventful history, Is second
childishness and mere oblivion, Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans
everything."

In fact my taste and smell are still very good and not *everything* else has
gone. But he didn't mention the pain of arthritis nor the breakdown of other
bodily systems which beset us :-(

It's being so cheerful as keeps me going!

(not Shakespeare!)

Mary

Sadly Mary I find mine are of little help in the theatre, (the loop
system is poor, to me) films or TV, subtitles are a blessing. One
really, really big plus is bird song, wonderful, let no one tell you
there are not as many birds about, I can never remember hearing so many!
:-))