Old 04-10-2006, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Naff potatoes disposal ?

Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Mary
Fisher writes
I haven't a microwave ... tell you, we live under a (very primitive) stone.

So it's back to pounding boiled potatoes :-)

But some types of potatoes make terrible mash, they have sort of solid
lumps in them. Other varieties mash like a dream.

I have to admit using Smash on top of shepherd's pie as I find it easier
to smooth it across the meat!

Or you can just make the mash a bit wetter than usual. But it's the
bumpy bits that brown best: I roughen the surface with a fork. When I
can't be aced to make mash, I top with overlapping boiled potato slices
instead of mash and trickle some oil over them: this has probably got a
fancy gastro-name.

--
Mike.