Old 04-10-2006, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Naff potatoes disposal ?

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Broadback" wrote in message

digital hearing aids

Sadly Mary I find mine are of little help in the theatre, (the loop
system is poor, to me) films or TV, subtitles are a blessing. One really,
really big plus is bird song, wonderful, let no one tell you there are
not as many birds about, I can never remember hearing so many! :-))

Bird song is no problem, I hear it and even do bird song surveys. I was
assured that the aids are improving all the time, that it would be like
standing on the stage with the actors and that if they weren't good enough
they could be adjusted. I live in hope of all that ... On Sunday we went
to see Humphrey Lyttleton and Acker Bilk, I could hear Humph when I could
see his mouth, I got absolutely nothing of what Bilk croaked. At least it
was that way round :-)

We don't go to films and have no tv but when we did I found subtitles
intrusive and not easy to read.

This is so OT now that others will be irritated, I wouldn't mind
continuing personally.

Sorry, folks,

Mary

No apology needed. At a future date someone will advise on how to rid
digital hearing aids of Greenfly and soil:-)