Old 04-10-2006, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Emptying large paddling pools

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 07:50:34 +0100, chris thame wrote:

Ive just emptied mine a couple of weeks ago - nearly 5000 gallons
worth! The chlorine level was higher than normal and I just let the
whole lot go gradually over the lawn and garden with no ill effects.
In the way that got most of the water were corduline and gladiolas -
nothings died and the grass looks greener!

On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 16:48:02 +0100, "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Colette A. O'Brien" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have been searching the web for an answer to this question but

can't
find a definitive one anywhere.

We have one of those large inflatable paddling pools. It holds about

2000
gallons of water. It had been treated with chlorine and PH reducer

during
the summer, but hasn't been treated now for a few weeks.

We want to empty it and pack it away for the winter, but we are not

sure
what to do with the water. Do any of you have these pools and what

do you
do with the water? Is it safe to gradually empty it onto the grass,

or
over parts of the garden?

Chlorine or not, 2000 gallons in one go might be a bit much for your

garden.

2000 gallons, 9000l, 9m^3. Decent lawn size of 10 x 20m gives just an
equivalent of 4.5cm or 1 3/4" of rain. Nothing over a few hours or few
releases over a day or two. A lot would depends on how well drained the
garden is, a clay subsoil close to the surface could present a problem
but sand or gravel not.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail