Old 04-10-2006, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Canna

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote
Thanks David that explains this statement from a US website
"This Curt Wallace hybrid is still regarded as the closest to white
(as judged by a team of color-blind nurserymen) that is available in
the canna family"
So it sounds like caveat emptor on eBay offerings of pure white cannas
at $5000:-)

Come on Rupert, never say never. You could set up a breeding programme and
eventually make a killing!

These people list one the called 'Creamy White' but they admit it's pale
yellow really.
http://www.hardyexotics.co.uk/
http://www.farnborough.u-net.com/variety.htm

--
Sue

It's going to be easier for me to accept that scarlet and yellow cannas are
tasteful. A breeding programme sounds interesting. Can I assume you are my
first volunteer:-)
Any road, who needs flowers when you've got the fabulous foliage of C.
musifolia.