Old 04-10-2006, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Dahlia imperialis?

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Sacha" wrote
Our 7cm pots in which we sell e.g. plants for hanging baskets have
been 75p for years and they fly out the door. Yesterday, I sold a
Dicksonia antarctica between 4 and 5' tall for £70. As a result of
this approach, we've had a good year where many nurseries and gcs are
complaining of poor sales - one wholesale Dianthus nursery is 30% down
on last year - and our customers return again and again, spreading the
word to others, too. We never have sales and if plants don't come up
to scratch, they're chucked out. It's a very simple approach but it
works and it's ethical which is important to everyone here.

Wouldn't you like to open a S Norfolk branch. ;-)

--
Sue

Don't be bloody greedy-you've already got more than a few fabulous exotic
plant suppliers in your area. Is it something to do with all the turkey
by-products by digestion:-)