Old 04-10-2006, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Dahlia imperialis?

On 4/10/06 20:23, in article
ws.net, "Sue"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
Our 7cm pots in which we sell e.g. plants for hanging baskets have
been 75p for years and they fly out the door. Yesterday, I sold a
Dicksonia antarctica between 4 and 5' tall for £70. As a result of
this approach, we've had a good year where many nurseries and gcs are
complaining of poor sales - one wholesale Dianthus nursery is 30% down
on last year - and our customers return again and again, spreading the
word to others, too. We never have sales and if plants don't come up
to scratch, they're chucked out. It's a very simple approach but it
works and it's ethical which is important to everyone here.

Wouldn't you like to open a S Norfolk branch. ;-)

No good asking me....... ;-)

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk