Old 04-10-2006, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Dahlia imperialis?

On 4/10/06 20:23, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

snip
It's a very simple approach but it works and it's ethical which is
important to everyone here.

OK -OK I heard you the first time. Just keep quiet for a bit longer please.
Give me chance to get down there with a lorry :-)

LOL! You won't be the first. We have London garden designers here to buy
their stock some times!
Let me know when you have Strongylodon Macrobotrys back in stock

There's a sorry tale behind that. Ray lost the one he had growing madly in
the big double - heaven knows why but it just keeled over. We were given
one earlier this year but it was a not very happy baby through no fault of
its own or its keeper and it did not survive. If you could tell us how
you're going to keep it going through the winter....... ;-)
To be frank, I don't recall one person asking for it in the last 3 or 4
years. It really is something WE would like to have for ourselves but not a
popular plant for our customers.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk