Old 04-10-2006, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Dahlia imperialis?

"Sacha"wrote :
Let me know when you have Strongylodon Macrobotrys back in stock

There's a sorry tale behind that. Ray lost the one he had growing madly
in
the big double - heaven knows why but it just keeled over. We were given
one earlier this year but it was a not very happy baby through no fault of
its own or its keeper and it did not survive. If you could tell us how
you're going to keep it going through the winter....... ;-)
To be frank, I don't recall one person asking for it in the last 3 or 4
years. It really is something WE would like to have for ourselves but not
popular plant for our customers.

For those that don't know what's being talked about there is a good photo
at..
http://www.montosogardens.com/strong...acrobotrys.htm

Oh dear, sorry to hear that Sacha, I did tell Ray I didn't expect it to
survive. :-(
I'll have to have another word with my friend and see if he can get you a
stronger specimen.

Have you also seen Mucuna bennettii, the Red Jade Vine?
http://mgonline.com/jadevine.html
--
Regards
Bob H