Old 05-10-2006, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Mike is offline

Default When should you start putting food out for the birds again?

"Dan" wrote in message
On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 16:29:14 +0100, "Mike" wrote:

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Well?

Alan

You shouldn't have stopped

Mike

I thought there was enough food available to them during the summer
months?

There is and they 'forget' yours, BUT, they have the choice to return to you
if the feeding situation is 'iffy'. My feeders have been very quiet over the
Summer months, but are picking up in activity now.

HOWEVER, if you are going away for a long time 'chasing the sunshine' as I
have done and will be doing again, don't forget the birds :-))) you cannot
expect those keeping house for you, to keep 'bird house' as well :-))

Mike