Old 22-03-2003, 11:28 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Does anyone feel like me?

In article , Ian Cundell writes:
| In article ,
| (Nick Maclaren) wrote:
|
| For example, this year is over a month later in gardening terms
| than the two previous ones, at least away from the warm, wet west
| and the deep south.
|
| Not sure I agree. In my neck of the woods - Herts - last year was *much*
| later than the year before. I have a clear marker for the march - may
| 2001 period because that's when my mum was terminally ill. She got to
| see a lot of things that arrived much later the following year.
|
| This year seems closer to last year and nowhere near 2001.

Yes, perhaps it was a bad example. Last year was odd, in that it
started to warm up very early, and then stayed cool and wet for ages.
So when do we count its start from?

This year, we have actually had some extended (if mild) frosts, and
still are having them.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:

Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679