Old 06-10-2006, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Colette A. O'Brien Colette A. O'Brien is offline

Default Emptying large paddling pools

In message of Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Dave Liquorice writes
2000 gallons, 9000l, 9m^3. Decent lawn size of 10 x 20m gives just an
equivalent of 4.5cm or 1 3/4" of rain. Nothing over a few hours or few
releases over a day or two. A lot would depends on how well drained the
garden is, a clay subsoil close to the surface could present a problem
but sand or gravel not.

Thanks to everyone for their input. I'm leaning heavily towards the
letting-it-all-out-on-the-grass idea. We definitely don't have clay
soil, and I would say the soil is free-draining.

The only trouble is that the whole back garden slopes towards the house,
but hopefully, it'll be OK if I let it out a bit at a time.

Regards
Colette
--
Colette A. O'Brien