Old 22-03-2003, 11:28 AM
Sharon Curtis

Default Does anyone feel like me?

In article ,
Nick Maclaren wrote:

In article ,
"mandy thomas" writes:
| I'd also like to see something like this, but isn't one of the problems that
| even within the UK there is quite a wide variation in temperatures and
| seasonal changes, so it would be hard to give advice appropriate for all?

Actually, this is a FPM (Frequently Posted Myth). There is relatively
little variation within the UK, though there is enough that simple
advice like that has to be modified for location.

I don't think this is a myth at all. I was talking to my Dad (in Cornwall)
on March 16th, and apparently their daffodils have been out for a month
now. Ours haven't really got started up here (in Clackmannanshire).

So if you try giving advice about what to do about leftover daffs
after flowering, you're immediately getting a difference of several weeks.

Sharon