Old 06-10-2006, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Biodynamics

Janet Baraclough wrote:
MonFrancais n'est malheureusement pas a la hauteur. Je crois que je
parle/ecris comme une etrangere. D'ailleurs j'ai un accent anglais -

(Trans: Puce says of herself
"Sadly, my French isn't good enough for that. I know I speak and write
it like a foreigner. What's more, I have an English accent". )

Your translation is wrong and you didn't put it into context. We were
discussing the literature.fr forum, which is a very difficult french
forum and where you would have not a chance in hell to be accepted, nor
would you understand. The context was a translation excersise from a
text a poster had written - something in the line of a David Lynch.
(Met with him last year and what a lovely bloke he is).

I wish you would stop deluding yourself in knowing everything and
telling nonsense to the good people of urg. Your vendetta has gone long
enough. I can dig your nasty stories as much as you dig others. Be
aware that I will.

As for the correct translation:- 'sadly, my french isn't to the level
required [to translate such a text]. I think that I write and speak
like a foreigner. What's more, I have an english accent (you sniped in
context [when I speak French the first couple of days].

Keep digging Janet Baraclough. Eventually the green slime should
completely leave you.