Old 22-03-2003, 11:28 AM
Sharon Curtis

Default Advice please Leylandii hedge / hawthorne part 2

In article ,
Ian B wrote:
OK I can see the consensus is don't plant a Leylandii hedge!!!

Indeed. There are just too many problems with it (maintenance,
light blocking, cross neighbours, roots, leaching moisture out of the soil)

If I keep the Hawthorne (which doesn't look nice for a third of the year...
is there some form of ivy, creeper, evergreen, that I can plant amongst
it????

Indeed. I have a variety of ivies that look terrific and will cover up
a garage wall one day. I particularly like Hedera Helix "Goldheart"
and one other, the name of which I can't recall.
See some (for example) on Cormaic's page
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/garden/plants/ivies02.htm

Sharon