Old 06-10-2006, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
ste-m ste-m is offline

Default Plant ID - Similar to Dracaena

Hi there,

Sorry for the tiny picture I included below, it wasn't very useful for a
clear ID, and as such, I've had 3-4 different suggestions.

To clear this up, I've just been in the garden and have took a few more
photos, so hopefully, you won't mind taking another look and confirming the
name of it?

http://tinyurl.com/r225r - Full picture

http://tinyurl.com/pklgd - Picture of the centre section

http://tinyurl.com/mztz8 - Picture of the base section

Thanks for all your help, it's appreciated.

Stephen

"ste-m" wrote in message
Hi there,

When we moved into our house two years ago, there were small (like a foot
tall) green plants with spikey leaves in the front garden, which the
previous owners had recently planted.

Two years later, these small plants are now about 7-8 foot tall or more!
I'm
just trying to find out what the name of the plant is, and whether anyone
can ID it from a photo?

My Mum has a gardening book, and our plant looks similar to something
called
'Dragon Tree' (or 'Dracaena'), but our plant doesn't have a trunk as such,
but has leaves sprouting from it from the ground up, so I thought this
might be a slightly different species?

The photo can be found he http://tinyurl.com/q5gjt

From the ID, I hope to find out how tall it grows, and about whether it
can be dug up and replanted elsewhere in the garden (that doesn't block
the living room window!), or even in a large plant pot (I doubt it
though!).

Thanks for any help,

Stephen