Old 22-03-2003, 11:29 AM
Charlie

Default Advice please Leylandii hedge / hawthorne part 2

Well, I think Ivy is pretty, but then again, I did just pull a whole plant
off a wall because it was pulling the mortar out. It's also spread under an
asphalt driveway and is growing in my lovely prepared tomato and pepper
beds! In my experience, it gets everywhere, and is the second worst thing
in my garden. Sorry, I can't be more helpful, but I'm kinda new at this!

Charlie.

"Ian B" wrote in message
et...
OK I can see the consensus is don't plant a Leylandii hedge!!!
If I keep the Hawthorne (which doesn't look nice for a third of the

year...
is there some form of ivy, creeper, evergreen, that I can plant amongst
it????
Any help would be appreciated
ian

I moved home last year and inherited a house with one side (50ft) lined

with
Hawthorne.
Obviously because of the growing seasons this hedge is "See through"

because
its not evergreen. Unfortunately this allows me to see into next door

for
third of the year. Plus its not that attractive during this time!
I was thinking of removing it and planting Leylandii .
Leyandii possibly because its quick growing.
Its the only thing I can think of that will replace the hedge

quickly.....
Or does anyone here have any better ideas????
Any help would be appreciated
ian

---