Old 07-10-2006, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim Jackson Jim Jackson is offline

Default Good supplier of dwarf fruit trees?

Gill Matthews wrote:

"Jim Jackson" wrote in message
Ninette wrote:
Thanks, folks - it's all been very useful feedback.
The Minarette type sounds particularly interesting for the variety of
fruits on offer.

You'd be better off growing cordons - your choice of varieties is greater.

Minarette varieties, in my experience, are indifferent apples.

Ken Muir offers 15 varieties of minarette in his catalogue including
egremont russet and james grieve. I would be surprised if you could find
nothing to your taste in that collection.

Yes but the root stock has an affect on the expression of the variety, so
I repeat "Minarette varieties, in my experience, are indifferent apples".