Old 07-10-2006, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default runner beans

We went to the allotment today and it's all lying on the ground, canes,
beans the lot. So we brought home the beans, shucked them, and now we've got
a washing up bowl full of beans. We haven't let them go long enough to use
as beans rather than pods before, what now? I assume the purplish outer skin
is to go, but that's going to be a huge fiddly operation, how best to remove
it? will it come away any easier when dried or frozen?

TIA

Steve