Old 08-10-2006, 03:06 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Ledford Jim Ledford is offline

Default Tractor battery light on - what to do?

Tomes wrote:

Hi folks,
John Deere GT262 Garden tractor, maybe 10 years old. I jump started my
neighbor's tractor (positive to positive, neg to neg) and it went fine. Now
my battery light is on when it is running, and otherwise seems to run fine
(lights work, PTO engages, runs normally). What might have happened? What
should I do? What other information would you like to have to help here?
Thanks for the help,
Tomes - moderately handy but no expert on this

when you gave the jump was your engine running? were both
engines running for any length of time with the jumper cables
connected? just a few seconds with both engines running while
connected by jumper cables is enough to get the voltage regulator.
usually no good deed goes unpunished, so it's the one giving the
jump who gets zapped.