Old 08-10-2006, 08:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_2_] Robert[_2_] is offline

Default runner beans

"Gill Matthews" wrote in message
:
: "shazzbat" wrote in message
: ...
: We went to the allotment today and it's all lying on the ground, canes,
: beans the lot. So we brought home the beans, shucked them, and now we've
: got a washing up bowl full of beans. We haven't let them go long enough
: use as beans rather than pods before, what now? I assume the purplish
: outer skin is to go, but that's going to be a huge fiddly operation, how
: best to remove it? will it come away any easier when dried or frozen?
:
: TIA
:
: Steve
:
: The purplish outer skin can be left on for dishes of a chilli con carne, 5
: bean salad etc. type. I would also leave the skin on if you were thinking
: of making bean curds and remove it only at a later filtering stage.
:
: Gill M

Use them as they are for next year's seeds

www.rraa.moonfruit.com