Old 22-03-2003, 11:29 AM
Simon Avery

Default Electric chain saws

"Norman Sandland" wrote:

Hello Norman

NS Has anyone had any experience of electric chain saws? I have

Yes. Very dangerous imo, no throttle control and no inertia brake -
both essential. (Unless more modern ones have improved?)

NS a couple of 30 foot columnar/ pyramid conifers which consist
NS of multiple trunks up to about 6 inches diameter. I can
NS remove the foliage with loppers but will an electric chain
NS saw be man enough for the multiple trunks. I do not want to
NS spend a fortune for a more powerful petrol chainsaw since |I
NS do not have any large trees to control.

Ten minutes with a small axe and jobsa.