Old 09-10-2006, 01:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
J.C. J.C. is offline

Default Hoop house

"Ben Lurkin" wrote in message
ink.net...
has anyone had success with building a hoophouse with a pvc frame.

I am building one but am having trouble figuring out how to attach the
plastic.

The directions I am finding on the net just do not work.

Ben Lurkin

I have built several of them over my "Square Foot Garden" (search google)
beds. But they might be smaller than what you have in mind. My garden boxes
are 4' x 4'. I have three sets of two pvc conduit clamps attatched to each
of two opposing sides. I just take 3 ten foot sections of 1/2" pvc pipe and
insert one end into a set of clamps on one side, bend them over and insert
them into the clamps on the other side. I don't use plastic. I use black
landscape screen but I guess I could do the same thing with plastic. I lay
it over the hoop and staple it to the wood frame on both sides. I leave
enough on the ends to wrap around the pipe and sew it with monofiliment
fishing line.

--
JC from Gnat Flats