Old 09-10-2006, 01:53 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Tractor vac up and running

I bought a used Wheelhorse 520H (about 15 years old) last spring when the
snow was still on the ground. Came with a 3 HP lawn vac that attaches off
the rear. Neither had been used for a year before I bought them. I've ben
using the tractor all summer just to mow without the vac. But now with
leaves coming down I figured the vac might be nice. I hooked the vac up -
all the parts were there except for a couple bolts. Looked in the gas tank
and it appeared to be dry. Being an optimist (too lazy to do anything
unnecessarilly) I just poured some gas in and pulled the cord slowly a
couple times. Then I gave it a firm pull and it fired right off. I am very
glad the previous owner drained that sucker. This should make it a litle
easier to get the leaves on my compost pile this year.