Old 09-10-2006, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Magnolia from seed

On 9/10/06 16:13, in article , "Dave Moore"
wrote:

"michael adams" wrote in message

http://www.rhs.org.uk/WhatsOn/garden...carrpommar.asp

The actual technique will probably be similar to camellias - a cold
stimulus to initiate germination, followed by rather a lot of patience
in this instance.

michael adams

Many thanks for your advice about camelias and magnolias. I may not live to
see them flower, but just to get them on their way would be great! - Mary

It's very satisfying. Ray took seed of an unidentified Camellia we have in
the garden because while it's not a showy or amazing thing, it IS very old,
*might* be an offspring of the one in Pillnitz, Dresden and which flowers
for a lonnnnng time each year. I'll try to remember to report on what it
does and how long it takes to do it.
And, as I write this - two hot air balloons are coming straight towards us
and will fly overhead. What a wonderful sight that is! We get them over
here quite often but these are the first I've seen in weeks. It must be
cold up there!

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk