Old 09-10-2006, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes Alan Holmes is offline

Default Naff potatoes disposal ?

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 3/10/06 20:00, in article ,
"Janet
Baraclough" wrote:

The message t
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

mashing potatoes isn't rocket science ...

I have seen ready-made mashed potato, porridge, omelette, and baked
potato in Marks and Spencer. All you have to do is drive to M and S,
park the car, trail round the aisles, stand in a queue, buy your
ready-made omelette etc, return to the car, load car, drive home, put
the omelette in the microwave and warm it up. What could be more
convenient? :-)

Oh, I think the baked potato beats everything. Really, I do. How hard is
it to wash a potato, prick its skin and stick it in the oven?

Or the microwave!

But you have to be a bit careful with this, I went to a class for 'cooking
for one' some years ago and a fellow there tried to cook a potato in the
micro it started smoking and when he took it out, all there was left was the
skin!

Alan