Old 11-10-2006, 07:12 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.motorcycles.tech
Venusł˛[_1_] Venusł˛[_1_] is offline

Default Battery problems, troubleshooting help needed

wrote in message
oups.com...
I seemed to have found the solution to the problem I posted: a dead
battery. After replacing the battery (load test failed at the store),
everything is working fine. And, the output from the rectifier now
shows about 14-14.5 volts DC, as it should. So it seems that the
problem all along was that the dead battery was causing the charging
system to not fuction at all, and made it seem that the rectifier was
bad.

Thank you again for all of the feedback. I hope this helps others that
may find this same problem. Now I have a brand new rectifier that i
don't need... sounds like Ebay material!

Well, sounded like I thought it might have been. You left it without
charging for a while, this might have killed the battery and there will be
no way to bring it back. I test this theory on a brand new batter with full
power; it did die one day for not charging it periodically.