Old 10-10-2006, 01:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Penelope Periwinkle Penelope Periwinkle is offline

Default help me identify these hot peppers

On 9 Oct 2006 20:29:36 -0700, wrote:

I got this basket of hot peppers at a local farmers market (for only
$2!) and didn't think enough to ask what they all were.

http://www.andydremeaux.com/stuff/peppers.jpg

1. http://tinyurl.com/rlnpv or http://tinyurl.com/k7ej3

2. It's kinda hard to tell. The one on the left looks a little like a
Lemon Drop or some other _C baccatuum_, but the one on the right is
rounded enough to throw that theory out.

3 Jalapeno

4. Could be any of a variety of cayennes.

http://tinyurl.com/ovbvu

http://tinyurl.com/modpb

http://tinyurl.com/mvng3

And here are the Thai Dragons mentioned in another post.

http://tinyurl.com/luw57

5. Yeah, they look like habs of one sort or another. You can go to
http://www.chileplants.com (Warning: Pepper Porn site) , click on
what you might have.

6. Probably some sort of chilitepin http://tinyurl.com/hdf3f

7.Probably some sort of pequin http://tinyurl.com/zukyq
You can used the Advanced Search to check all the different pequin
varieties.

8. Yeah, looks like cherry peppers.

9. ummmmmmm http://tinyurl.com/ka6z9 maybe, or even
http://tinyurl.com/fg2s2

10. I don't have a guess for this one.

11. The two on the right look like a Criolla Sella
http://tinyurl.com/e74nf Some of mine are very thin, like the ones in
your picture.

I don't suppose you can go back and ask, could you? "Cause, now I
really want to know!

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"