Old 10-10-2006, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gill Matthews[_2_] Gill Matthews[_2_] is offline

Default Bloody slugs!

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Just been digging the last of the maincrop tatties, and a lot of them have
been attacted by slugs, had a bit of the same problem last year, how can I
grow my own tatties without being mucked up by slugs?

Alan

I have found watering in the slug eating nematodes works during damp weather
and during dry weather the slugs are not such a problem. I have also given
up growing late maincrop varieties as it seems to me that the longer the
spuds are in the ground the longer the slugs have to find them.