Old 10-10-2006, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Biodynamics

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

Janet Baraclough wrote:
she writes and speaks French like a
foreigner and has an English acent.

Yes. I sound English when I speak French for a while (for French
people) and then I get into my french accent again. The give away are
expressions that have never left me. However there's some words which
sounds English, like all words finishing in 'ion' I pronounce them in
English which throws French people in thinking I'm foreign. Because I
am with my kids or husband, I switch languages constantly which muddle
me a bit.

I'm not the only one doing this. Millions of other people having lived
abroad and travelled have still some remnants of their mother tongue,
and mix some sounds, especially when changing language within minutes.
Jenny, for example, sounds Dutch. She's English, but all my family were
convinced she was Dutch.

GOSH!!
What on earth will happen if/when I move to France :~)
Jenny

Coming back from Danemark last week, I heard
many people sounding like Jenny - some intonations, expressions etc.
but by English people living in Danemark.

Judith Lea this morning rang me at my office. Ask her what accent do I
have.

And Janet, please restrain from being nasty. There's no need. I won't
fall for the bait anymore.