Old 10-10-2006, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea[_24_] Judith Lea[_24_] is offline

Default runner beans

In article . com, Mike
Lyle writes

Thank you for the advice, greatly appreciated.

I've snipped Michael's sound method, but, with him, I'd emphasise that
very rapid chilling after blanching is important. If you don't do that,
they'll go on cooking and end up too soft and lose colour -- that's why
chefs "refresh" some cooked vegetables under cold water before serving.

For some of your crop it may be worth trying the method posted by Rusty
a year ago. I

Snip

I will try both methods and eat them, in, say, 1 month so see how they
do and I will post to let you know.

(I hope Rusty's back soon,

me too
--